Currency Converter



Changing Course in Australia PDF Print E-mail

If you are thinking about changing your course of study, you need to ensure that you continue to meet all the conditions that apply to your student visa.

Changing courses for streamlined student visa holders

If you were granted a visa under the streamlined visa processing arrangements and you would like to change to a new course of study, you generally need to enrol in another streamlined eligible course (or package of courses) in order to remain compliant with the conditions on your current student visa.

To check whether a course is eligible for streamlined visa processing, or to learn more about the streamlining arrangements for certain student visas, contact our admission staff.

If you transfer to a course of study that is not eligible for streamlined visa processing and you have not been granted a new visa appropriate to your new course then your visa might be considered for cancellation.

It is our policy that students who transfer to a course not eligible for streamlined visa processing at the same level as their current course would not be considered for cancellation if either:

  • the country of their passport is Assessment Level 1 for their current visa or
  • they have held their current visa for at least 12 months.

Changing courses - non streamlined visa holders

If you want to change to a new course to study towards the same level of qualification and your visa was not granted under streamlined arrangements, you do not need to apply for a new student visa unless your current visa is about to expire.

If you want to change the level of qualification you are studying towards, you need to apply for a new student visa because your visa subclass will not be appropriate for your new course (or package of courses). For example, if you want to change from a Bachelor degree to a Certificate IV.

Quick Contact Form

[Brightannica: Allow 2 working days for us to Reply back]

Quick Contact Form

Brightannica Admission :
  • Allow 2 working days for us to Reply back
  • Please check your SPAM folder in case it goes there

Mobile Number:
Please fill CAPTCHA box below:

Sydney Office


528 Anzac Parade
Sydney NSW 2032
Phone: 02 8064 4011
Mobile: +61 414 163 062

Melbourne Office


Manchester Unity Building
Level 7, Unit 706
220 Collins Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Phone: 03 9973 2741
Mobile: +61 452 661 687

Perth Office


489 Nicholson Rd
Perth WA 6155
Phone: 02 8064 4011
Mobile: +61 406 029 642


Additional information regarding changing education provider

In addition to ensuring that you comply with your visa conditions, there are also requirements under the Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) National Code that apply if you want to change your education provider.

If you have not completed six months of your principal course (the main course of study you are undertaking) and you want to change your education provider, the ESOS National Code sets out the circumstances in which this will be possible. Unless special circumstances apply, you are usually required to have the permission of your existing education provider in order to transfer to another education provider.

If you do want to transfer, your education provider must assess or consider your request to transfer. All education providers must have documented procedures on their transfer policy. You should make sure you understand your education provider's transfer policy, and what your written agreement says you must do, before you attempt to enrol with a new education provider.

If your education provider does not give you permission to transfer to another education provider and you are not satisfied with the outcome, you should first access the internal appeal process with your education provider. If you are still not satisfied, you can appeal the education provider's decision at an external complaints handling body, such as the State or Territory Ombudsman or the Overseas Student Ombudsman.


1.!Top 3 'On Demand' Courses 
Based on our 2010, 2011 and 2012 Statistics:         !
1. Bachelor/ Master of Accounting
2. Bachelor of Nursing
3. Bachelor/ Master in IT
Overall Past Students' Ratings:  rating rating rating rating rating                  
Study in Sydney Agency 

2. Latest Migration and Visa Updates     

With the new introduction of Knight Review,
changes to the way the student visa being assessed
have changed quite significantly.

In plain English, it would be a lot harder for students       
who would like to study for VET Course to meet 
the GTE Requirements.           
Student visa applicants must be both a GTE 
and a genuine student to be granted a visa.
Brightannica is Migration Licensed to
advise on Migration
and Visa issues.
Submit your case for Initial consultation.

Please email us at
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

3. Click here to contact us

If you have any question regarding
education, student visa, or migration,
don't hesitate to contact us.
We provide FREE consulation service,
and you can step into our office
in Sydney, Melbourne, or Perth.

Show Panel

BrightCommunity Login

Select Language :

English Arabic Bulgarian Chinese (Simplified) Chinese (Traditional) Czech Danish Dutch Estonian Finnish French German Greek Hebrew Hindi Indonesian Italian Japanese Korean Lithuanian Norwegian Polish Portuguese Romanian Russian Spanish Swedish Thai Ukrainian Vietnamese